Cilantro Lime Chicken Wrap with Chipotle Mayonnaise, a wonderful quick and easy meal for everyone.
Are you ready for some deliciousness? This is so quick, easy and versatile. You could even swap out the chicken for some leftover turkey if you wanted.
When life gets super hectic I like having something quick and easy that satisfies at meal time. Chicken breast was on sale this week so I whipped together these yummy wraps.
Are you hungry yet? The lime is very light and the cilantro is mixed in with the lettuce but I must say it is the chipotle mayonnaise that makes this wrap taste so deeeelicious. My husband raved on it as he gobbled it down then was hunting for another.
Want to lighten it up, use Greek Yogurt in place of the mayo.
Here you go with the recipe.
- chicken breast (for two good sized wraps I used 1 pound)
- salt and pepper
- juice of one fresh lime
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded lettuce (we use green leaf)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Wrap sized flour tortillas
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- For Chipotle mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Chipotle pepper with 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce (reserve the rest of the can of chipotles for other recipes)
- Saute chicken in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Don't stir the chicken right away, let the hot pan sear and brown one side before stirring. After stirring, let cook for a few minutes add fresh squeezed lime juice and let cook off. Test a piece of chicken for doneness by cutting in half with spatula. Try not to overcook or the chicken will get too dry.
- With a hand blender blend mayonnaise, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce until smooth. (you can do this in a blender as well if you don't have a hand blender)
- Finely shred lettuce, chop the cilantro and add to lettuce.
- Heat your tortilla (I like to use a fry pan but the microwave works too) with the cheese to get the cheese good and melty.
- Smear tortilla with 2 Tbls or more of Chipotle mayonnaise (according to taste), add chicken then pile with cilantro lettuce. Roll them up, cut in half and serve. You can serve a small bit of chipotle mayo on the side for dipping if you like.
This is definitely going to be served again soon in this house. Now back to painting I go…
You May Also Enjoy