Super Easy Lemon Curd
When life hands you a bunch of lemons…phooey on lemonade….
make an easy Lemon Curd!
I have long wanted to try my hand at making lemon curd so when I was given a bag full of lemons picked from my sister in laws fabulous lemon tree just waiting to be made into something delicious I finally dove in and gave it a whirl.
This recipe is easy and even better tasting than I had expected.
I was going to top it with a perky little curl for the photographs but lemon peel refused to cooperate, it kept flopping instead of retaining its ringlet shape so I just went with it.
Then I realized it was nearly in a heart shape.
So I let it be a heart.
Such a delightful and easy lemon curd deserves to be served with something just as yummy, so I made some lemon scones.
After I took these photos we decided to include a dollop of of Crème Fraiche that added enough creaminess to balance it all out.
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (make sure the lemons are room temp to get more juice)
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ Cup Butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbls Lemon zest
- Mix together all ingredients in a large microwavable bowl. As it is cooking the mixture will bubble up, so use a bowl large enough that it won't boil over. For this amount use a bowl that can hold at least 8 cups
- Microwave in 1 minute increments, it is important to stir well to keep mixing it together and prevent it from becoming grainy.
- Microwave temps differ, so when mixture begins to thicken, coats the back of a spoon it is done which can be between 4 mins and 10 mins. Be careful not to overcook.
- Stir well before putting into a storage container and place in refrigerator to cool and firm up. (or if making a pie put into baked pie shell)
The scone recipe is similar to this one Cherry Scones with a few changes.
No almond extract and no cherries, instead add a Tablespoon of lemon zest to the dry ingredients.
Au revoir..for now.