Delightful Broccoli Salad Recipe for Your Palate
Are you craving a delicious and nutritious salad that will tickle your taste buds? Look no further!
We have the perfect recipe for you: our favorite Broccoli Salad. Packed with vibrant flavors and wholesome ingredients, this salad is a refreshing and satisfying option for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a summer picnic or simply want a healthy lunch, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s dive into the delightful world of our Broccoli Salad!
- 6-8 cups fresh broccoli florets, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup scallions aka green onions (or diced red onion)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (cranberries, raisins, or one small can of mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 celery stalk diced (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Prepare the broccoli: Start by washing and trimming the fresh broccoli florets. Cut them into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the flavors: Dice the red onion and add it to the bowl with the broccoli. Toss in the dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, crumbled bacon, and celery. Mix everything together gently to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Make the dressing: In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, granulated sugar, and red wine vinegar. Whisk the ingredients until they are well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Dress the salad: Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss until the salad is thoroughly coated. Ensure that every ingredient is nicely coated with the dressing for a burst of flavor in every bite.
- Let it chill: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together. This step is essential for achieving the perfect taste and texture.
- Serve and enjoy: Once chilled, remove the salad from the refrigerator and give it a final toss. Transfer it to a serving bowl or individual plates. Now it’s time to savor the delightful combination of flavors and textures in this incredible Broccoli Salad.
With its fresh and vibrant ingredients, our favorite Broccoli Salad is a crowd-pleasing dish that will elevate any meal.
The crispy broccoli florets, tangy cranberries, crunchy sunflower seeds, savory bacon, and celery create a symphony of flavors and textures.
The homemade dressing adds the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity to tie everything together.
Whether you’re a broccoli enthusiast or looking to incorporate more greens into your diet, this salad is a winner.
So go ahead, try our recipe, and treat yourself to a mouthwatering and wholesome experience with every bite.
I have made this recipe a thousand times in many variations.
But this one is really our favorite.
One thing I have found with this recipe is you can swap out ingredients to get a variety of flavors.
Adjust the amounts in the dressing if you like it a bit drier.
It is a very forgiving salad.
Happy Salad Making!
Favorite Broccoli Salad
- 6 - 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 to 4 green onions diced (you can also use 1/4 cup diced red onion instead but I prefer the green)
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup dried cherries (the Kirkland Brand from Costco are the best)
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seed kernels
- 5-6 pieces of bacon cooked till very crisp then crumbled or 1/4 cup
- 1 stalk of celery diced (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (depending on your taste)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces, I like the bags of florets from Costco but some still need to be cut smaller. Add all the other veggies and ingredients to a very big bowl. You will need the room to stir the dressing on.
Blend together dressing ingredients, make sure sugar is dissolved.
I use my immersion blender but a whisk will get the job done too.
Pour the blended dressing over all the veggies etc in bowl.
Really stir to coat all the broccoli, needs to be stirred as you serve it also.
Cover and pop into the refrigerator for an hour, it develops more flavor if let to sweat.
(It can be eaten immediately also but it does enhance the flavor to set a bit)
Instead of cherries we have used raisins, dried cranberries, red seedless grapes or mandarin oranges for variety. You can also substitute pecans, walnuts or cashews for the sunflower seed kernels
Wow that looks wonderful! and if you don’t mind me saying it I think your photo’s are beautiful! I have never been a craver of broccoli, but seeing this…your turning me into a convert!
Have a great day!
This recipe has made many a broccoli convert. 🙂
Wonderful! Great ingredients! Trying this! Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Thanks for posting this recipe. We love Broccoli Salad and I’ve been meaning to make some. Now that you’ve reminded me and so graciously posted the recipe I can now make some!
You won’t be sorry, it is a very tasty way to get your broccoli.
Yum! I have to make this!!
Hi Pamela, I came over to pin your recipe! It looks so delicious. I make a similar version of it, but I’ve never tried the dried cherries in it. We’re getting ready to plant our broccoli next week and I can’t wait to make this with some fresh broccoli from the garden!
I need to get my broccoli in too. Thanks for the reminder!
This looks delicious – pinned !
Thanks for sharing 🙂
It is delicious, in all its forms. Enjoy!
I make this same salad Pamela and we love it! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
It is a popular one and a great way to get those extra veggies into our diet.
This is my favorite broccoli salad recipe. I sometimes add diced avocado and/or frozen peas. The dressing is the best! An easy and good tasting salad. Thanks for sharing!
The avocados and peas sound like a tasty addition. We tried adding sugar snap peas but they seemed to overpower it. At least the highly flavorful home grown ones did.
This sounds fantastic! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
My pleasure, thank you so much for hosting!
Looks. Delicious! Making it tonight!
Let me know how it turns out. What is nice about this recipe is it is so versatile.