Lime Basil Grilled Chicken, an all purpose recipe for summer salads, delicious sandwiches or wrap.
Do you need a fabulously flavored all purpose chicken recipe?? Whip up a batch of this Lime Basil Grilled Chicken and have it on hand to add to a salad for a quick, healthy meal or use it on a pretzel roll for a delicious sandwich. My husband and I both loved it and it was so easy.
I have been a bit naughty this winter and I have the extra pounds to prove it. Time to get back to my leaner eating and this recipe helps me. Chicken breast can get dry and tough but this marinate keeps it moist and delicous.
Is there a certain herb you don’t like, this is easy enough to leave out or switch out ingredients to your preference.
Now on with the show…
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (approx. 1 large lime)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp mustard
- Slice (if needed) chicken inside a freezer bag and pound then with a meat mallet or whatever you have. Which marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken in bag. Marinate chicken for 4 hours or overnight (I marinated them overnight), occasionally flip the bag over.
- Grill chicken (I prefer a Weber charcoal grill), or cook in 1Tbls of olive oil in a skillet on med high heat. Cook chicken for 3 - 5 minutes, flip over and cook other side for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add it salad, pasta, sandwiches etc.
The chicken breast I purchased were individually huge, so I sliced them in half not only vertically but horizontally and they were still thick enough to have to pound them.
I don’t have a meat mallet so I used the handle of our knife honer.
Let me know if you make this and how you like it. I am having a lot of fun trying out and customizing recipes I find online. I hope you are enjoying them too.
If you like this feel free to PIN
You may also enjoy: