Lime Basil Grilled Chicken
Do you need a fabulously flavored all purpose chicken recipe?? Whip up a batch of this Lime Basil Grilled Chicken and have it on hand to add to a salad for a quick, healthy meal or use it on a pretzel roll for a delicious sandwich. My husband and I both loved it and it was so easy.
Now on with the show…
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (approx. 1 large lime)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp mustard
- Slice (if needed) chicken inside a freezer bag and pound then with a meat mallet or whatever you have. Which marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken in bag. Marinate chicken for 4 hours or overnight (I marinated them overnight), occasionally flip the bag over.
- Grill chicken (I prefer a Weber charcoal grill), or cook in 1Tbls of olive oil in a skillet on med high heat. Cook chicken for 3 - 5 minutes, flip over and cook other side for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add it salad, pasta, sandwiches etc.
The chicken breast I purchased were individually huge, so I sliced them in half not only vertically but horizontally and they were still thick enough to have to pound them.
I don’t have a meat mallet so I used the handle of our knife honer.
Let me know if you make this and how you like it. I am having a lot of fun trying out and customizing recipes I find online. I hope you are enjoying them too.
If you like this feel free to PIN
You may also enjoy: