White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies. My version of a favorite recipe.
Are you drooling yet???
I will give you a minute to really get a good look at these delightfully calorific temptations.
I know, I know.
My food photography leaves a lot to be desired.
I was tired….
we helped some friends move over the weekend and by the time we got home and I remembered promising my hubby I would bake him his favorite cookie I was beyond cognitive thinking.
Much less artful photography of my cookies..
in bad light.
So I promptly gave up and dug in.
I nearly made the fresh hot cookies my dinner but I stopped at one…
at least until after dinner.
I am including the recipe just so you can enjoy their deliciousness as well..
I am good that way.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
· 1 cup butter, softened
· 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
· 1 cup white chocolate chips
· 2 eggs
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Now I won’t gain ten pounds alone.
They tasted even better today. I must’ve been the rain, and more rain today…
I have one thing to say…”where is summer?”